Usually, a person who drinks infrequently has a psychological dependence on alcohol rather than a physiological one.
While people sat at home and were afraid of covid, there was more drunkenness: both narcologists and statistics say so. Covid is over, but not better. Get used to sipping a little. What is the problem? And the fact that slow constant drinking provokes alcohol toxicosis, the result is that the neurons of the brain die.
And drunkenness is cancer, says the WHO. “Ethanol is the main carcinogen,” says the organization’s Nino Berzulli. – Every year, it is alcohol that causes approximately 45,000 cases of breast cancer in women, a quarter of which end in death. As well as approximately 60,000 cases of colon and rectal cancer in women and men.
But even without these harsh facts, it is clear that alcohol is evil, especially for women: puffiness and redness of the face, excess weight, edema. But if you give up, the body will recover, narcologist Alexey Magalif is sure.
There is no safe amount of alcohol, but sometimes you can. A glass of borscht – yes, two glasses and every day – no. If you drink 2 liters of beer and five glasses of vodka a day, you have chemical poisoning of the body, says Alexey Magalif. But now you’ve decided to give up. What is happening?
“Not everything will be painless,” says the doctor. – Especially if a person is taken out of a long binge (more than 500 ml of strong alcohol per day is considered a binge). The hardest first 72 hours. It is at this time that the body begins to cleanse itself of alcohol toxins. Side effects: Migraine-like headache (ring of the temples or a helmet on the head), muscle pain, nausea, stool disorder. Often there is photophobia, increased sweating (even fever), trembling of the hands and feet, severe weakness. These are the most difficult hours to not relax because there is always the urge to get drunk, mood swings, insomnia or nightmares. This condition can last for about a week. It is important to support the body with drugs (liver enzymes, potassium preparation for the heart, aspirin, sorbents, vitamins, etc.).
Of course, all these horrors are clearly expressed in neglected cases. An ordinary person, when he decides to give up, does not suffer like this. He has a psychological addiction to alcohol, not a physiological one. Salvation is simple: if you want to drink – go for a walk, do something. And there will be no breakage and the thrust will disappear.
The coronavirus and the restrictions imposed in connection with it, alas, only exacerbated the problem of alcoholism.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A WEEK
The body begins in the literal sense of the word another life:
* The consequences of the hangover syndrome disappear – sleep is restored, the hands no longer tremble, the mood does not jump.
* The skin turns pink, dryness and flaking disappear, because alcohol no longer interferes with blood circulation (unfortunately, in some advanced cases, when alcohol interferes with hormonal metabolism, acne may appear, which will be quite difficult to deal with. But this is also treated).
* Swelling is reduced, including on the face and eyelids, the oval of the face is tightened, the face looks fresh and younger.
* Liver function begins to recover. After all, ethanol causes slow death of liver cells, scars, and with regular use, the liver does not have time to recover. The less abused, the faster the recovery.
* Appetite improves. But – begins to strongly gravitate towards sweet and fatty foods, helps to “compensate” for the loss of the previous pleasure. It’s important to stop it. You will immediately notice how digestion improves: alcohol stops provoking increased secretion of gastric juice, belching, nausea, stomach discomfort disappear and stools normalize.
SEVEN MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS IN ONE MONTH
1. The main victory: thought processes are restored (neural connections are strengthened, in the work of which alcohol no longer interferes), consciousness is clarified, thoughts do not jump. Alcoholic breakdown products take approximately 20 days to completely leave the brain. Improves memory.
2. The pressure normalizes (the face no longer turns red from the slightest physical effort), the heart rate improves.
3. Shortness of breath disappears (blood supply to the lungs also improves).
4. Metabolism improves and excess “drunk” pounds disappear. First of all, this is noticeable in belly fat (visceral, visceral fat, highly dependent on alcohol).
5. Sexual desire returns.
6. The risk of developing caries decreases: in drunkards, due to a violation of the water-salt balance (“dry” from a hangover), saliva is produced worse and bacteria attack the teeth more violently. Healthy salivation is restored in about 3-4 weeks and this also helps to strengthen tooth enamel.
7. The brightness of sensations, tastes, smells returns – the receptors that were damaged due to exposure to toxins are restored.
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE ORGANISM NEXT
* Immunity is restored after 60 days. The risk of developing infectious diseases will decrease.
* After 90 days, sound sleep will finally return, irritability, anxiety for no reason will disappear.
* After a year, the body will fully recover.
With what we congratulate you! So if the thought of giving up has already crossed your mind, it’s better to do it now.