A terrible explosion that went off in Istanbul, Turkey, killed six people and injured more than fifty.
A terrible explosion that went off in Istanbul, Turkey, killed six people and injured more than fifty. As it turned out, now the main version of what happened is an act of terrorism.
According to The Times of Israel, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan condemned the “heinous attack” and promised that “all those responsible will be found and punished.”
Now the Supreme Council for Radio and Television Affairs has imposed a temporary ban on local media from covering the explosion in Istanbul. This measure has already been implemented by the regulator in the past following high-profile terrorist attacks and major disasters.
However, the Turkish press has already published footage from a street surveillance camera showing a girl allegedly planting a bomb
Cameras captured a woman in black.
Photo: Video frame
So far, the media believe that it is a suicide bomber.
Another video of the explosion that surfaced on Twitter showed a black crater and bodies of people lying around.
One of the Israeli citizens who saw the explosion said it happened near a restaurant known to be a popular spot among Jewish tourists.
– I felt a blow in the back and I was in shock. I heard a real explosion and everything went up in smoke. Then people started to disperse to the sides, – another resident of the Middle Eastern country told about his impressions.
An eyewitness to the tragedy was Benny Lam, a former soccer player and coach from Israel. “We arrived in Istanbul today and went straight from the airport to a restaurant where we spent about an hour,” Lam said. “When we were leaving, I heard an explosion 30-40 meters away, we saw people flying in the air.
Big explosion in the center of Istanbul on November 13, 2022, there are dead: What is known, video
The General Prosecutor’s Office is investigating the explosion in the center of Istanbul on November 13, 2022 as an act of terrorism (more)